Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rsd One Problem I never wanted...

I have RSD....What is RSD or also know as CPRS?
According to www.rsds.org ~>
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), also known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, is a chronic neurological syndrome characterized by:
severe burning pain
pathological changes in bone and skin
excessive sweating
tissue swelling
extreme sensitivity to touch
As of this Monday it was week 14.
So pretty much life has been horrible. I am trying my hardest to keep my head up.
I go to a new orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday and we are hoping that he will tell us something different. I am seeing one of the best pain docs in the country also but it just seems to not be going fast enough. All my life I worked so hard to be normal. I fought through my PTC (Psedo Tumor Cerbri) when I was in 7th grade. Haven't I had enough of illnesses and crapola in my life. One thing I do want to do is to try to not complain too awful much on here. Life with RSD going on the 15th week may be hard, but I must remember that life is still worth living. I am going to work hard to show females that your life is not over once you get RSD. I am 20 going on 21 in 4 and a half months now. I am trying to be as normal as y body allows me to be.
I started Physical Therpy a couple weeks ago and my trainer er....person thingy is a woot. Her name is Jenn, then there is Lindy also who I have a blast with. They have been challenging me to do more and more. I am still stuck in the boot that I started in because I can't walk without pain and I can't control my muscles hardly at all. All I have been wanting is to get rid of this old stinky boot. Life with RSD is not fun. One thing I would like to do is meet someone that also has RSD and pick their brain for a bit. How in the world can you get through a day without dying from the pain. Do they recommend Sympathic Nerve Blocks or Nerve Cauterazation. I am going to be truthful I do not want to hurt the rest of my life. It scares the willies, the hebbie jeebies, and he crap staight out of me. Who wouldn't the pain feels like ur foot turned into a little pregnate woman trying to give birth while being set on fire. Scary to think but that is life. I am tryin' to celebrate the small things.

Well this is my Life for now....it may be rough...but hey atleast I am alive!

Kissa da Fighting Fish
aka Christa

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You also freakin ROCK MY SOX... Just so you know... You are Awesome Christa Dont forget that! Love you!

Post a Comment