Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pain Pain Go Away!

I guess my RSD knows that it is RSD Awareness month. Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), also called complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), is a chronic, painful, and progressive neurological condition that affects the skin, muscles, joints, and bones. The syndrome usually develops in an injured limb, such as a broken leg, or following surgery. However, many cases of RSD involve only a minor injury, such as a sprain. And in some cases, no precipitating event can be identified. RSD/CRPS is characterized by various degrees of burning pain, excessive sweating, swelling, and sensitivity to touch. Pain may begin in one area or limb and then spread to other limbs. In some cases, symptoms of RSD/CRPS diminish for a period of time and then reappear with a new injury. It is estimated that as many as 8 million suffer from RSD in the USA alone, that is 8 million people without a cure. Find a cure. Give Hope!! Today is still an awful pain day. Both my leg and my surgery site is killing me. I am frustrated with my RSD it just doesn't quit, it doesn't sleep, and when it comes to me sleeping. HA! That is funny....no sleep lately. The Parents and I are planning to go away to get my mind off pain. No where special just middle of no where. We are taking the dogs too! Woohoo my pup is really happy this will be a first for her. Oh I only imagine how dirty she will get. lol Yea idk when we are going though but things are looking good! I will put up pictures, the dogs are getting pictures taken while we are down there. Well I am gonna head out and try to relax. Hugs!!!

2 Comments:

  1. Hayley Cafarella said...
    I hope you have a lovely break! It's so frustrating not to be able to get away from the pain, even on holiday but a change of scenery is good for the soul! =D
    Kissdatfisha said...
    I agree.....the puppies and I cannot wait...I am not looking forward to the hour long car ride with 2 barking dogs....maybe i will sedate them jk I won't

Post a Comment